About Me...

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood Education from the University of South Alabama. I've been in the field of education for sixteen years. I have been teaching Pre-K since 2011. I have experience teaching kindergarten through third grade though most of my teaching
experience has been in Kindergarten.
Teaching is my passion. I absolutely adore teaching the younger students. We've all heard the analogy, students are like sponges, they absorb massive amounts of information. It's inspiring to see my students absorb and learn so much in my class!

Active Learning

I believe students learn best by hands on learning or actively learning. I try to involve my students in all aspects of learning, be it reading, writing, talking, sharing, exploring, listening, interacting, or reflecting. Active learning, when focused on the objectives, promotes and accelerates the learning outcomes. It is well known children (and adults) learn best when actively participating. One of my goals is for young students to eventually learn how to become self directed in their learning, prepare them to use critical thinking skills and work cooperatively with their peers.