About Me...

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood Education from the University of South Alabama. I've been in the field of education for sixteen years. I have been teaching Pre-K since 2011. I have experience teaching kindergarten through third grade though most of my teaching
experience has been in Kindergarten.
Teaching is my passion. I absolutely adore teaching the younger students. We've all heard the analogy, students are like sponges, they absorb massive amounts of information. It's inspiring to see my students absorb and learn so much in my class!

My Teaching Philosophy

I strongly believe teaching is a lifelong learning process of learning about new teaching ideas and strategies, learning from our peers, parents, community and most of all, from the children. I believe and encourage in each students' success as I know all students are unique and capable learners. I also strive to make each child feel safe and secure in a positive learning environment by setting fair and consistent rules.
I feel an important aspect of teaching is allowing active learning, creating hands-on activities, allowing time for discovery and guiding students in their active learning. I take every opportunity to make learning meaningful and relevant as I guide students' learning.
For myself, teaching provides me the opportunity for continual learning. I hope that I instill the love of learning in my students as I portray my own love for learning with them.